Monday, March 15, 2010

More Chicken Rice and Singapore Food in Manila

Somethings in life is just very strange. When you find time and try and do or look for your favourite things, you have a hard time finding it. BUT when you don't have the time, suddenly you find these things you had been looking for but don't have the time to do it.

So is the story with Chicken Rice and Singapore Foods (i.e., spicy food) in Manila which I am naturally on the lookout for.

In the last two weeks I have found 5 places that serve Hainanese Chicken Rice
1) RASA - Araneta Colliseum at Cubao
2) Original Singapore Chicken Rice also in Cubao
3) Chocolate Kiss - UP Diliman Alumni Centre, Quezon City
4) Shiok - Fort Bonifacio
5) Toastbox/BreadTalk in Trinoma Mall

In additon, there is a former top hotel chef Stevie who does a delivery service

I have not tasted all of them because I don't have the time. Can't be eating chicken rice, nasi lemak, char kuay teow all at once in every meal can I?

No 3), was a real surprise but they had ran out of it when I was there for dinner but Shiok is just within walking distance from my office and have decent sambal! Don't have to die for lack of sambal anymore..

No comments: